Monday 16 July 2012

Good Things of Summer


Good Things of Summer

The sun had already risen, its light filtered thru a half open window and shone on my eyes. With eyes half closed, I struggle to get out of bed. It’s such an incredible feeling to wake up each morning with the glint of morning sunshine from your bedroom window. The gentle cool summer breeze that sweeps thru the windowpane fluttering my curtains early in the morning; I love how it touches my skin. It’s very refreshing. I also hear the gentle house sparrows, wrens, finches, and many more who shares their placid songs and morning stories to tell the world.
I am all excited for this year’s summer time, & especially for Saturdays. I guess probably because it signals my busy week-ends and months ahead & to discover what’s in anticipation of summer. It’s also because everybody in my household is here on Saturdays.
Today we have a special guest in my house :o); Maya my granddaughter is coming today! We are all excited to see her after a few months of not seeing her. She lives in Edmonton and we only occasionally see her when she comes & visit mama (me) & papa (my hubby). I woke up early and prepared the garden table for breakfast/brunch and started to bring out some stuff I need for dinner time.


I can only look forward with enthusiasm to even busier days off. Probably as beautiful as summer time is! Summer is the time of the year when people think of too many things that relates to spending time with family, vacations and travels. gardening, camping, diet & exercise, fishing, planning for a trip, home renovation, and many motivating things to do.






        In our long cold winter months of hibernation, spring has past. A few colder spells of spring we’ve experienced before we finally have summer; at last it’s here! Summer signals us that our busier life has begun, outside is the sky of light blue with patches of white clouds that were moving slowly, for me it’s a rebirth of the world; it opens up a window of clear vast sky. A spectacular array of colours of flowers in the fields, I would usually look out of the open window, sat on my rocking chair every morning and speak to God while thanking him for another beautiful morning. Even the pinkest of wild flowers today at the field in front of my house, shows off her dancing moves, on a warm and cheerful day!! In tuned with the soft winds libretto; it felt as if I am coming out of trance. A thought of a new day came to my mind. I can’t wait to get my backyard ready for today’s activity and set my garden table, favorite flowers; pick my preferred tea cups and dishes to go with it.



Meet my grand daughter, Maya Anna. She loves the afternoon tea parties too!



Would you care for lavender tea, or wild orange & berries tea? Or you can have any tea you may want, I have a great collection :o)




Who would not have fun drinking pink ice tea in mason jars…. I would!



week-end pastels everywhere, Yes! Don’t you love the soft colours of summer?




I am also reminded that every day is the time for reflection to begin a new day; to feel fresh and rejuvenated. Concentrated on my effort to clean not only my house inside & outside and to get rid of all our junks but this season is the season for me to clean inside and to revive my relationship with our creator. It then extends to my family, friends who are in and out of our lives and so on…
       
Ms. Judith of Lavender Cottage has invited me to join her tea time  ~ Tea With Friends & With Ms. Sandi's tea party Rose Chintz Cottage, , “joy of tea time)" 
        thank you :o) 

All photos are original/unedited and digimarked by: Lisa Mozo © 2012. Thanks for not copying :o) :o)