Wednesday 12 November 2014

I dont know where to start, it just feels like I am all new again in creating & posting new blogs, I have shelved all my projects, photography and other hobbies I had. I have been sick in the last two years with a knee injury, I had difficulty walking and imprisoned in my own home, I did a few of my hobby making beaded jewelries ( from earrings, necklace, & bracelets), read books, watched faved movies, a few camping trips & a few limited travels. I am feeling better after I had a knee arthroscopy albeit I am still limited in movement because of arthritis & high uric acid which produces gouty arthritis, not fun at all.

I gave it a shot to go sandbar fishing which doesn't involved a lot of moving, just cast & wait for the fish to bite, sit & relax & enjoyed the summer. I caught a quite a few coho salmon, a few chum and enjoyed making smoke salmon & my SALMON CAKE, bursting into savoury, mouth watering, & just the right spice flavour perfect with the LEMON AIOLI sauce. My family said it was a hit, yummy!!! I am sharing a few of my photos & a recipe just for you. Let me know once you've tried my recipe & drop me a line. Enjoy & have fun cooking. 



SALMON CAKES RECIPE
Ingredients:
5 medium white potato cut into short strings in the food processor or grater
1 small carrots cut into short strings in the food processor or grater
1 large red or white onions minced or finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp of extra-virgin-olive oil
2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of bread crumbs (binder)
1 tsp of fresh or dried dill weeds
fresh chives cut into little pieces for colour & extra flavour
Salt & pepper to taste
2 fillet salmon ( Bake or roasted, brush with olive oil & salt pepper to taste for about 20 minutes or until flaky) cool down for about 15 to 20 minutes
*2 fresh jalapenos diced (OPTIONAL: great for tapas (pulutan) or hors d'oeuvres)
*Dash of hot pepper sauce (OPTIONAL: great for tapas (pulutan) or hors d'oeuvres)
DIRECTION:
Mix all ingredients, add flaked salmon, beaten eggs, bread crumbs, & salt & pepper to taste
Fill & shape with a 2 inch round cookie cutter about 1/2 an inch thick, about 2 to 3 ounces
In the frying pan add 2 to 3 tbsp spoon of vegetable oil or olive oil, pan fry until golden brown & finish cooking in the oven on for 170-180 degrees 'F for about 25 minutes
Serve with Lemon garlic Aioli
*You can replace the potatoes with calabash (squash) or sweet potatoes for a healthy option
-Wives, kids & hubby will truly enjoy the recipe or great for parties too
Enjoy & I hope you'll try it  Let me know how was the recipe? BTW this is my own recipe. Have fun cooking