Sunday 5 August 2012

What if summer never ended?


What if summer never ended?

Imagine, all year of summer. I don’t know if I will feel elated or bored thinking about a year of summer. Albeit I love summer, the last few days I don’t think I can stand the heat; it’s way too much for me.  I love week-end; lives slow down and let us catch our breath. We have time to exhale. Time, perhaps. For a lingering kiss. Time to sit down for a leisurely meal, eating good food with family and friends. Week-ends are so important, when the days go longer, the air is warmer, and the sun shines brighter, no wonder it’s easier to get inspired & motivated. And no surprise a healthier lifestyle beckons.

I have tackled a few projects and that’s why I have been missing for a while, I wish I am a superwoman and in that sense I can turn a project with just a swift of the wind. I spent days and days of painting, from my daughters wicker bench to dresser, to my country dining table & chairs and as well as sewing, which I haven’t finish yet. I will give you a sneak pick of some of my projects on the process I have to be smart setting my goal to finish my dining AREA rejuvenation.

Well one thing, I treat myself to the season’s lighter fare-fresh with fruits and vegetables. This morning my granddaughter and I went to the local farm here and pick a few berries, the bluest of the blues blueberries and some succulent juicy strawberries and some veggies for grilling. Just in time for a savory grilled fish, sockeye that we got from Kent, BC yesterday, it’s fishing without the rod & reel

(ALL IMAGES ARE ORIGINAL & COPYRIGHTED © LISA MOZO 2012)


Yummy strawberries…






Blueberry/strawberry parfait
Made of yogurt & wild flower honey

Blueberries fresh from driediger farms , Langley, bc 




Wicker/wood bench project, I am debating which
Of the two material to use; the toile or the vintage fabric



 Ana never get tired even after a long day at the farm and playing outside; she asked me if she can visit her old friends from her old neighborhood today. We did went & visit them. She made a special card and a bouquet of flower for her friends. She loves arts & crafts too, just like mama.

My new teapot I picked up at aggasiz, bc yesterday from a garage sale.






The two materials I am debating which to use for the bench & baskets.
Stay tuned for more photos…. See yah later!! Thanks for visiting.