Tuesday 18 September 2012

New England Style Ideas For You


I love to transform & to do interior designing and make-over for my house & friends, & an obsession for all things vintage! I am inspired by lots of different decorating styles including shabby chic, New England style, French, rustic country house style and over the past months I’ve been really drawn to repurposing lightings and furnitures, reclaimed wood and dressers. 

I like to decorate with an eclectic mix of aged, salvaged pieces of furniture, quirky vintage finds, French and Swedish antiques in chalky whites, greys, blues and greens. I like to incorporate salvaged architectural finds into my interiors and I’m a big fan of re-purposing and upcycling furniture.

I generally prefer to decorate with whites and neutrals as it offers more versatility but my main objective when decorating a room is to make sure there is plenty of character, interest, personality, warmth and texture. This blog is simply a scrapbook of some home inspirations, ideas and the things I love. It is a creative outlet and if nothing else, I would hope this blog provides some eye candy for you to enjoy when you want to get away from it all!

These are ideas I’ve gathered from the creative juices of friends blogs around, I hope you don’t mind. I have a new project for a special client, it’s the guest room, master’s bathroom (putting in a new chandy), and lightings for the formal dining. 

I love gathering ideas and using them for my new look & a much more creative way for a purpose, making it beautiful! 

Please watch for it. Have fun with me and show me what have you done lately. 

Enjoy and thanks for dropping by. 

Bonjour!

below are my inspiration ideas i've gathered before i've started one of my summer projects.
















a room before the transformation~









a room make - over, a finished project ~

freshly painted room in aqua blue and wainscoting panels a new crystal chandy has added to the charm of this guest room. what are your thoughts?









If it’s all in the detail, then the detail certainly comes into play when you are looking after others at home. Overnight guests are ultimate challenge to a hostess: how can you make their stay with you memorable and comfortable? The answer is, naturally, in the detail: an old maxim from all those ‘how to be a good hostess’ books recommended that the said hostess slept a night in every one of her spare rooms. This you may not want to do – indeed, you may not have more than one guest room; but at least go into the room and look at it clinically from a stranger’s point of view.
Lovely bed linen; a light that is tall enough to illuminate your book, plus, of course, a good book to read, a small vase of freshly picked flowers and a glass for midnight water; and – important this – a bedside alarm clock: all these are the considerate finishing touches. You want your guest to wake up re-fresh and rested. A good breakfast will leave your guest a wonderful feeling of being home and at rest. 


Enjoy, and thanks for visiting!