Monday 17 September 2012


W
White is the color of calm. Give in, one lazy late summer afternoon, to your fall moods and brew a pot of your favorite tea. Find a spot near a window, and sit quietly for a while, doing nothing. Observe the season’s light-see the changing colors of the season as it spills across the country. Now allow your eye to wander across the bookshelves, recalling as you do a favorite novel, a beloved photograph album, a memorable collection of gardening essays. And pour more tea. Now it is time for reflection, for re-experiencing your surroundings, for seeing old things in new ways. Soothe your spirit by surrounding yourself with flowers, each one white as snow yet bursting with fragrance and life. And gather objects – stoneware bowls, porcelain pitchers, a milk-glass vase-use in your display.
Daydream. Let the softness of a rose’s petals, the bright, grassy smell of a bouquet

 of daisies, the trumpet-shape blossoms of paper white awaken your senses and 
hint the goodbye of summer and welcomes the inevitable of autumn. Fill a bowl
with baby’s breath effervescent and white.  Take note of the rose flower, sculptural and exquisite, with its neatly tucked petals and graceful height. 

Tranquility is born of quiet observation, and peace comes our way when we lit it. So, as the afternoon passes, silent and still, and nature is soon to sleeps, leaves will start to fall to the ground, brooks will start to whisper less and slowly will slumber till fall. After all, time may fell suspended but it’s not! 

Feel at home & enjoy The joy of tea time

Home comforts



 last days of summer , story book of charms


“before & after”, one summer project







summer berries 




A favorite fruit cake, let me share it with you?




white ceramic tea pots & pitchers i collect adorns the top of my fireplace




a flea market find; an old coffee mill, added charm to my buffet table & white ceramic collection wares.




a friend hand me down her heirloom crochet

 table cloths & runners, what a treasure! 






Another project I’ve finished my Old Italian chair I’ve re-purposed and upholstered. A stunning difference. Doesn’t it make you love whites?






projects ~  i guess i made myself super busy this summer, with all my trips & projects. I want to do it till winter. how about you?





 let me add whim to this chair & tea set; i would love to share with you.






a special tea set, a treasure i want to pass to my one & only daughter. she loves my decor finds too.





a job well done, my project adores my living room





did i tell you that i also collect tassels? not only teapots and tea cups, but tassels, yes I love 'em hanging everywhere.




a few of my favorite collections & decors for summer. 

stay tuned for more before & after photos. 

Thanks for the visit. 

Merci beaucoup!