Wednesday 22 August 2012

Final Projects



Summer is high season for family in my house, we have made plans for  places to travel to. This Saturday we will be heading to Alberta, then home again. Next week we will be sturgeon fishing in Oregon at the Columbia river, drive around the 101 hwy for a scenic view and a picnic day at mount rainier in Washington. Summers are short-lived here in Vancouver, my family & myself makes the most of it, when winter comes, for sure we hibernate.

No place like home~



Life at home



   bedrooms

throw open the doors, and let in the light. Make your home a happy gathering spot, a family refuge, a personal exclamation- relax!

“Everything in my house means something to me for its beauty, functionality, or maybe a personal attachment, but don't get me wrong coz' I can easily give it up” 
I am excited to tell you that I have finished 4 of my projects. My daughter is so happy to see the finished projects for her bedroom. I spent so many hours and days stripping paint, sanding and painting, then polishing the furniture. Then decorating her room and taking the image for a final look and presto it’s here.
I’ve done my projects with care & love; my projects are pretty streamlined at this point. Everything in my house means something to me, and it will travel with me in some capacity wherever I go. I’m far too sentimental to ever start again from scratch.”





modern touches enliven the traditional home.
"they're fun and unexpected" 





age-defying beauty 

A hundred year old tall boy dresser passed from generation to generation, it’s made of solid wood. Re-finished with intricate moldings and crystal knobs added for vintage style.





details on the dresser & added moldings 






i've added the crystal knobs to complete the

 shabby look






on the second dresser, I have picked up this antique knobs from one of the antique dealer around town, love em' ~ so pretty.





bottom details of the other dresser. More images to come, I will also post the before photos. 
I will be partner with "all that's wood" in the upcoming week. she will be my regular guest on my blog soon" please watch many exciting things that we can offer.



Thanks for dropping by friends. Merci