Monday 23 July 2012

Summer Clean Up ~ take a shine to it!


WHAT MAKES IT COUNTRY?
AUTHENTICITY RULES “True country style for me means nothing that is contrived.”
“That doesn’t mean that you need to decorate with prized, pedigreed antiques, but with so many wonderful castoff treasures out there.”
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION “If you have kids and pets, bare floors and washable slipcover areas are a must. My home is meant to be enjoyed by everyone in my family.”
PATINA “And don’t prêt over it. When someone runs into a piece of furniture in my house and leaves a mark on the wood, my quip is. ‘That’s the look we’re going for!”







FINDING BEAUTY IN EVERYDAY “I love to celebrate plain fibers by using them in place of luxurious ones. For me it’s a simple country valance I made for my window in my old house a few years back, makes a country perfect window treatment for the living room”